Thursday 5 September 2019

canaan’s blessed shores

[circa 2003]

canaan’s blessed shore
    by chug-a-Lug doug (alias dougy the dirk)

i met doran in canaan
in 19 and 10
she said, “son, if you come to me,
and share my lonely bed,
you’ll ease my dread,
that we’ll soon be dead.“
a baker’s wife in fresno
i’d known for many years,
said, “doug, i heard you were in town,
i’ll be at henry’s bar,
why don’t you come around,
when the sun goes down?
now, don’t fret and frown. 
and don’t wait too long.”
eileen kowalski-burchuck,
demurely filed her nails,
in franky’s joint by brooklyn bridge,
and crossed her sleepy legs,
“come tuck me in.”
said, “ it ain’t no sin. “
that’s what i did.
and little older than a kid.
marina singh of montreal,
was very good to me.
when i was broke and had no roof,
she put me in her house,
her husband gone.
he seldom came,
home where she stayed 
we slept then prayed.
i’ve known several women,
i’ve doved them everyone.
each leman was a prize to me, 
and even when they said
“goodbye!” i still,
their thoughtful hills,
i like the milk.
i miss the silk.


No comments:

Post a Comment