Sunday 27 February 2022

Communications 99.090

[written in about 2005]



 Communications  99.090

     by Birdman Doug


What are the seagulls screaming when you hear them in the distance as you prepare at 7:34 AM for your remedial communications course for six indigenous students who are taking it for the second time? “Look! I found food! Look! I found food! Look I found food. Look! I found food… See! See! See food! See there! See there!! Food! Food! Food! Food! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Wow! Wow! Oh, wow! Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! Rrrr! Rrrr! Rrr! Rrrrr! My! My! My! My! Ohhh my! Ohhhh my! Ohhhooo my! Piss. Oh piss! Ohhh piiiss! Oh piiiiss! Great. Great. Great! Great! Great. Me. Me. Mee. Me! MeeEEEee! Meeeee. Meee! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me mine! Mine! Miiiine! Min. Me mine! Meeeee! Give! Give! Give food! Give food! Food! Shit! Food! Shit! Give! Shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shiiiit! Shiiit. Oh food. Food oh food! Food oh food! Food oh shit! Shiiiittttt! Oh food! Food oh shit! Shiiiitt! Oh food! Food oh shit! Shiiitttt! That’s what they are saying as I prepare the chapter on plural nouns and capitalization. With names of particular persons, places and things, it’s ed after ch, s, as, z and x. Words derived from proper nouns get capitalized. Words indicating direction are capitalized if they represent a geographical region, not a direction. Academic subjects are not capitalized. Words ending in f are especially irregular. O endings are less so. 



No comments:

Post a Comment