Thursday 21 February 2013

The Marthanara Evangelical Church of the Nazarene


The Marthanara Evangelical Church of the Nazarene

       by Holly Anthou-Braun


                        i'm lost on that long highway
                        i'm lost on that long highway
                        i'm gone, i'm gone,
                        but my soul carries on
                        i'm lost on that long highway              

They're building a large church on Lagimodiere. And I mean big. Bigger than Chapters and McNally bookstores. Way bigger. Huge! When I drove by it the levels and turrets and windows on a dozen facets and the sheer number of entrances and automobile approaches under canopies gave me the goose bumps. I less got the goose bumps than I thought of feudal times with lords whose castles declared their sovereignty and strength. Small castle, weak lord; big castle, strong and lethal lord. Strong and benevolent lord, too, for his subjects.

(more to follow)
         

No comments:

Post a Comment