Monday 3 May 2021

Long-Lost Relatives

 Long lost relatives.    
     by Jammin’ Uncle Benjamin

They came from Walhalla in a rented minivan
They came from Wisconsin back in 1991
Delorane, Biscaine, Tallahassee, Chickasee
And a station waggon got here all the way from Tennessee

     Chorus
     I got married to a gal from Tennessee
     She still insists that it was she who married me
     We had children quickly darlings one two three
     Now her relatives are steadily arriving here to see

A sister came from Tallahassee with her brothers two
They stayed for twenty days with precious little here to do
We laundered all their clothing gave them food and money too
And when they finally left we bid them all a fond adieu

A family from Wisconsin came we gave them room and board
They prayed before and after meals and loudly praised the Lord
At restaurants and shopping malls and in the grocery store
They closed their eyes they raised their hands and then they asked for more

     Chorus

A lanky man arrived here from the banks of Cumberland 
This Tennessean spoke so slow I couldn’t understand
I asked him what his name was and he told me right away
But blamed if I will ever get it to my dying day

     Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment