Sunday 25 July 2021

Lonesome Hobo

 The Lonesome Hobo
          by Rambling Doug 

1.
Ma’am, don’t loan me any money
Sir, don’t give me any cash
Don’t reach deep into your pockets 
Cause you’ll never get it back 
I’m a hobo I am a stranger
With this stick and with this sack 
I’ve walked this road a thousand miles 
And I won’t be turning back
Yes, I’ve walked this road a thousand miles 
And I won’t be turning back

Chorus
I am a lonesome hobo
The road’s my only friend
I’ve walked it for a thousand miles
And I’ll walk it once again 
If you’ll spare a cup of coffee 
Then I’ll be on my way 
I thank you ma’am,
You are too kind 
I tip my hat and say 
That I am just a lonesome hobo 
Now I’ll get out of your way

2.
Don’t pass me any handouts
Forget the golden rule
Don’t feed me bread and chicken
It’s just wasted on this fool
When I was still a young boy
I wondered what I’d do
But I realized it was useless
Money’s for the lucky few
Yes I realized it was useless 
Money’s for the lucky few

Chorus

3.
The road I’m on is lonely
I wonder where it goes
I’m nearly always hungry 
And I’m cold from head to toe 
But I’m a hobo I am a stranger
Don’t worry about my state
Each morning finds me still alive
Knocking at some gate
See, each morning finds me still alive
Here I’m knocking at your gate

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment