Tuesday 4 December 2012

Long Lost Relatives


Long Lost Relatives
        
         by Jammin' Uncle Benjamin

A / E

         Chorus

         I got married to a gal from Tennessee.
         She still insists that it was she who married me.
         We had children quickly little darlings one, two, three.
         Now her kin are steadily arriving here to see.

They came here from Walhalla in a rented minivan.
Arrived from Boyne, Wisconsin back in nineteen ninety-one.
Deloraine and Biscayne, Tallahassee, Chickessee.
And a station wagon got here all the way from Tennessee.

A sister came from Tallahassee with her brother's two.
They stayed for twenty days and precious little they would do.
We laundered all their clothing gave them food and money, too.
And when they finally left we bid them each a big adieu.

A family from Wisconsin came we gave them room and board.
They prayed before and after meals and loudly praised the Lord.
At restaurants and shopping malls and in the grocery store,
They closed their eyes, raised their hands and gaily called for more.

A lanky man arrived here from the banks of Cumberland.
This Tennessean spoke so slow I couldn't understand.
I asked him what his name was and he told me right away.
But blamed if I will ever get it to my dying day.

No comments:

Post a Comment